During times of life transition, Connecticut residents find themselves looking for a new home for their or a loved one's possessions. Whether you are downsizing, moving out of state or settling a loved one’s estate – when you have a large volume of donations to be made we can assist you.
Goodwill provides limited pickup service on the I-95 corridor from Bridgeport to Greenwich. We will readily accept donations of gently used items that are in saleable condition for our stores. Please review our donation guidelines for acceptable donations before completing the request form.
The cost to provide this service prohibits Goodwill from granting every request. This is not a home pick up service and should only be requested when you have at minimum a truckload of donations. Goodwill of Western and Northern Connecticut reserves the right to change or alter this program at any time.
How Estate Services Work
- Complete the form below with as much detail as possible.
- A Goodwill representative will contact you to conduct an assessment by phone. If needed, an in-home evaluation will be scheduled.
- If your request is approved, we will schedule a convenient time to pick up.
- Have your donations packed and ready for pick up at the curb. We cannot pack up items or enter your home to remove items and/or boxes.
- We will pick up donations and provide a tax receipt for your records at no cost.
How Your Donations Help
Your donations will be sorted and sold at Goodwill stores. If any items go unsold, they will move to Goodwill’s recycling operation, ensuring we squeeze every bit of revenue from them to help fund our mission and keeping them out of landfills. Revenue from the sale of your donations stays local, helping to provide employment, training and support services in western and northern Connecticut.
If this program does not fit your circumstances, you can take your donations to any of our 28 Donation locations throughout Connecticut.