During times of life transition, Connecticut residents find themselves looking for a new home for their or a loved one's possessions. Whether you are downsizing, moving out of state, settling a loved one’s estate, or helping a family member relocate to a senior living facility – we can assist you.
Goodwill accepts donations of all items not being relocated. There is no cost for this service, and your donations are tax-deductible.
How Estate Services Work
- Complete the form below with as much detail as possible.
- A Goodwill representative will conduct an assessment by phone to determine if an in-home evaluation is needed.
- We will schedule a convenient time to pick up your items.
- Have your donations packed and ready for pick up at the curb.
- We will remove your donations and provide you with a tax receipt for your records — all at no cost.
How Your Donations Help
Your donations will be sorted and sold at Goodwill stores. If any items go unsold, they will move to Goodwill’s recycling operation, ensuring we squeeze every bit of revenue from them to help fund our mission and keeping them out of landfills. Revenue from the sale of your donations stays local, helping to provide employment, training and support services in western and northern Connecticut.
If your circumstances do not fit with situations given, you can take your donations to any of our 30+ Donation locations throughout Connecticut.