Goodwill of Western and Northern Connecticut received a perfect three-year accreditation by CARF with no recommendations. This survey outcome is achieved on only 3% of CARF surveys and places Goodwill in a category of distinction in accreditation standards. Additionally, CARF recognized Goodwill's Get Hired CT Career Expo for exemplary conformance to CARF standards, calling it “a practice that produces outstanding business results and is innovative and beneficial to be shared with the field.” Goodwill is currently accredited in the following program(s)/service(s) through March 31, 2021:
- Community Employment Services: Employment Support
- Community Employment Services: Job Development
- Community Housing
- Employee Development Services
- Supported Living
CARF International is an independent, nonprofit organization that surveys and accredits health and human services providers worldwide. A service or program that is CARF accredited has passed an in-depth on-site review and has demonstrated substantial conformance to internationally recognized standards for quality.
Our accreditation is a public commitment that we strive to:
- Involve persons served and their families in their service planning.
- Respect individual cultural preferences.
- Be accountable to our funding sources, referral agencies, and the community at large.
- Address health and safety concerns, such as building safety and emergency preparedness.
- Maintain management practices that are efficient, cost-effective, and based on outcomes and consumer satisfaction.
For more information about CARF International, the standards, or the survey process, visit www.carf.org.