PROGRAM MANAGER, Youth Services
— Human Services
Posted February 19, 2013
Dynamic company in the greater Fairfield area is seeking a highly-motivated Program Manager for Youth Services. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and able to:
- Administrative and supervisory oversight of department programs, including: Autism, Board of Education, TANF, Retail and other training for in and out of school youth, summer youth employment programs and other newly funded programs serving youth.
- Grant writing: develop grant proposals to maintain existing funding for youth services and expand the services provided by Goodwill; develop services based on needs assessment and respond to any and all RFPs as appropriate.
- Assist with budget development and monitoring; review and approve expenses and requests for supplies, monies, or consultants. Monitor fiscal reports to ensure that programs are operating within budget.
- Recruit potential program participants and make appropriate referrals to determine eligibility for various programs.
- Provide quality assurance and oversee service delivery for all departmental grants, contracts, and fee-for-service programs; includes CARF&DOL compliance monitoring.
- Maintain current licensing, certifications, training, etc. as required, e.g. CPR, first aid, abuse and neglect, HIPAA, etc.
- Recruit, train, and supervise program staff to ensure that all programs and services are provided in a timely manner and as stipulated by funding sources and other Goodwill policies; maintain all required documentation. Develop goals and objectives for direct reports and complete annual performance reviews.
- Empower consumers and their advocates, families, and designated others to participate actively in planning and carrying out program plans.
- Foster and develop partnerships with other human service providers.
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of case record review, monitoring of Individual Service Plans, service delivery, consumer files, etc. Maintain electronic and/or paper consumer tracking system.
- Perform ongoing program evaluation on all department programs. Develop and monitor appropriate outcome measures; generate required reports and related marketing and community relations materials.
- Ensure timely and accurate tracking of all referrals, attendance, billing, and related program data.
- Represent Goodwill at appropriate meetings and training programs. Coordinate and communicate with referral sources, community agencies, providers, and customers.
- Facilitate and participate in staff meetings, in-service training programs, professional meetings, conferences, and programs as requested.
- Implement and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- Under the HIPAA Privacy Rule, this position has access to consumers’ Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, education, special education or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years of supervisory and administrative experience, preferably in the human service or education sectors.
- Successfully written a grant proposal that has been awarded by State/federal government or a private entity.
- Experience with program compliance/quality assurance and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Valid CT driver’s license and daily access to a reliable and insured car.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel; familiarity with Access and Power Point.
- Proficiency in creating and monitoring budgets, financial analyses, and systems management.
- Familiarity and proficiency in dealing with CT state agencies and referral sources.
- Candidates must provide a cover letter and salary history. Submissions without a cover letter and salary information will not be considered.